How to get to Nablus
From Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv:
- Take the Sheirut taxi (50 shekels) to Jerusalem, ask to get off as close as possible to Damascus Gate.
- From Damascus Gate (Bab el Aamoud in Arabic) walk up the road to the Arab Bus Station, and ask for the service (shared taxi) to Ramallah (N°18), 6 ½ shekels.
- The service will drop you off on the main road in Ramallah city centre. The bus station is just a bit further down this road on the other side. Cross the road and go up a ramp to the 2nd floor of the bus station. From here take a service to Nablus (15NIS).
- Huwwara checkpoint is "open" so you don't have to walk through it anymore. Just stay in the service, and it will drop you off at the city centre, in front of the new mall.
From King Hussein Bridge, Jordan:
- After crossing the Israeli border, take a bus to Jericho (Ariha, in Arabic). (20 Sheckels). The bus will be quickly checked by the Palestinian police.
- At Jericho service station, take a service to Nablus (50 shekels). If you do not look like a foreigner or if you speak Arabic fluently, let the drive know you are not Palestinian! All foreigners have to enter Nablus through Huwwara check-point so the driver has to do a detour for you.
- Huwwara checkpoint is now "open" so you don't have to walk through it anymore. Just stay in the service, and it will drop you off at the city centre, in front of the new mall.
Where to sleep in Nablus
Al Yasmeen Hotel
Al Yasmeen is a hotel of high standing where you will enjoy excellent service during your stay in Nablus. Located at the entrance to the Old City the hotel also possesses a restaurant where you are sure of a warm welcome, a terrace and conference rooms. The Al Yasmeen hotel also possesses what is probably the best wi-fi in the city (free).
At the city center ask for Al-Yasmeen Hotel (Funduq Al-Yasmeen, in Arabic). Say that you came through Nablusguide.com or Project Hope, and you will get a special rate.
Adress: Hitin Street
Tel: +970 9 2333 555 Fax: +970 9 2333 666
Nablus also possesses two youth hostels located at the entrance to the Old City:
Tel: +970 2383 618
Tel: +970 2376 913