Born in Nablus in 1870; son of Hassan Nabulsi; was educated in Nablus, then studied at Al-Azhar University in Cairo; returned to Palestine where he inherited his father’s wealth and was popular among soap dealers in Egypt; known as a pious Muslim; in 1934, one of the founders and supporters of the Palestinian Defense Party, as whose treasurer he served at times; remembered for his charitable work during the strike of 1936; kept a rich library which is a reference for old manuscripts; built a mosque in Nablus and donated his personal library to it; the mosque and a soap factory in Nablus still carry his name; died in 1940.
|< Prev||Next >|
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- NABULSI, NASOUH HAFEZ (1906-1992) - .
- NABULSI, KARMA (1957-) - .
- NABULSI, IBRAHIM (1917-1985) - .
- NABULSI, HASSAN NIMR (1900-1951) - .
- NABULSI, Hashem Nimr (1926-1997) - .
- MASRI, HIKMAT (1906-1994) - .
- KANA'AN, HAMDI TAHER (1910-1981) - .
- AL-NABULSI, OMAR NIMR (1936-) - .
- AL-MASRI, ZAFER (1940-1986) - .
- AL-MASRI, MUNIB (1934-) - .
- Qadri Tuqan - .
- Wael Zuaiter - .
- Sahar Khalifa - .
- Ibrahim Tukan - .
- Fadwa Tuqan - .
- Akram Zuaiter - .
- Afaf Arafat - .
- Adel Zuwaiter - .