Dar Al-Fonon Wa Al-Torath Center seeks to revive the Palestinian heritage and preserve its identity and originality through the collection and documentation of traditional material; as well as, the dissemination and promotion of artistic culture in various forms and through various community sectors to discover and develop the artistic talents, and to creatively implement various programs, projects and artistic activities that preserve the cultural heritage and the identity of the Palestinian society. .
About Dar Al-Fonon and At-Torath Center
Dar Alfonon and At-turath Center was founded in Askar refugee camp in Nablus after a number of studies conducted by the administrative crew of the center. These studies expressed the need of the country in general and the region in particular for such centers that are concerned in developing the arts and discovering the talents and seeking to preserve the artistic heritage which is belonged to the inhabitants of this geographical region of Palestine.
After many efforts, the establishing staff was able to obtain the license from the Ministry of Interior under No. NA_1794_CU as well the authorization certificate required from the Ministry of Culture.
The Centre began implementing its artistic, cultural, and heritage activities since the beginning of the year 2007 and scored many of the prominent activities. The most important one was the inaugurating ceremony which was notable. .
The center was also able to form a choral band and a theater band in a short time.
The centre serves many of the artistic programs. The most important ones are the artistic workshops, which produce art and heritage works. Besides opening the division of theater, music and folklore which led to the formation of the different artistic bands at the center.
The administrative crew currently consists of nine persons as follows:
1) Mr. Hatem Abdel Qader Al-Hafi: the Chairman of the Board
2) Mr. Yousef Yaqoub Albichawi: the Vice-President
3) Moayad Khatib: the financial officer
4) Mr. Sami Alghol: the secretary
5) Mr. Marwan elaayan: the cultural activities officer
6) Mr. Maher Alnaqeeb: the Social Committee officer
7) Nadya Alqukon : the women's program officer
There are currently about 50 volunteers working with the children in various artistic and extracurricular programs; in addition to, the foreign volunteers who visit the center to work within its programs and activities. .
Moreover, there are many cultural programs and courses in the field of French and English language teaching that are given to the children and the youth volunteers in cooperation with Hope Project which is in twin relations with the center as well as the French Cultural Center which took the center as a partner in the eastern region of the governorate.
The center was unable to accomplish what is mentioned previously except through a headquarter; thus, the administrative crew managed to obtain a healthy and appropriate headquarter near the mosque of more than four hundreds meter square containing three rooms, a hall, and the theatre room which accommodates more than 200 children.
Targets of Dar Al-fonon and Al-turath Center
1. Discovering and developing of artistic talent in all areas.
2. Reviving the Palestinian heritage and preserve it.
3. Collect the heritage material and document it.
4. Forming a technical team in all areas of arts: the theatre, the popular dance, proficient teams playing a variety of music.
5. Dissemination the concepts of Education and democracy and human rights through different arts.